Bush Adventure Therapy
Bush Adventure Therapy (BAT) uses a combination of individual counselling, group work, physical challenges, and natural environments to promote motivation and healthy life changes.
BAT is known as a strength-based approach. This means attention is given to building people’s self-determination and strengths. It’s based on a philosophy and a way of viewing those taking part as resourceful and resilient in the face of adversity.
BAT works because:
• Separation from technology creates space to form authentic relationships
• Patterns seen at home emerge in the field; through these insights, therapists help students move through the stages of change
• Living with the basics requires a self-reliance to build confidence that lasts a lifetime
• Living in Nature develops resiliency, resourcefulness, and accountability
• Experiential lessons involve students in the therapeutic process and assist them in developing appropriate tools to cope with stress
This approach safely removes the young person from unhealthy systems, peer groups, substances and technology and places them in the restorative energy of Nature with a solid team of professional support.
READ MORE ABOUT BUSH ADVENTURE THERAPY >