Work With Us
We are currently seeking an Adventure Therapist to join our collaborative team of mental health professionals to combine professional intervention and physical adventure in nature, work with innovative nature-based adventure therapy programs and provide meaningful support for vulnerable young people
About the Role
The Adventure Therapist is a key member of a small team of mental health professionals and youth workers charged with ensuring young people participating in our therapeutic programs receive the best possible holistic support.
The role works collaboratively with our Lead Psychologist and program team to coordinate, deliver, and contribute to the ongoing development of our suite of programs.
- Highly developed therapeutic casework skills, with demonstrated experience in providing effective and evidence-based therapies to vulnerable young people ages 14 – 22 with multiple support needs.
- Demonstrated relevant experience working with diverse populations and specifically at-risk and disadvantaged young people experiencing mental health challenges and/or complex trauma.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to undertake case management and work in partnership with other services and agencies, including an understanding of referral processes and the value of those services to the wellbeing and recovery of the young people and their family/carers.
- Demonstrated capacity to work therapeutically in an outreach, non-clinical, and/or nature-based context, or willingness to do so.
- A level of physical fitness and capacity suitable for multi day hiking, and other adventure therapy activities such as stand-up paddle boarding, bike riding and kayaking.
All applicants must have:
- Tertiary qualifications as Psychologist or Social Worker
- Current full Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist, Social Worker or equivalent.
- Australian residency.
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in NSW/Australia and willingness to travel across the Northern Rivers in the course of employment.
- NSW Working with Children Check, and clear Federal Police Check.
- Negotiation for above award salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous salary sacrificing
- Opportunity to provide meaningful support for vulnerable young people whilst connecting to nature
- Work collaboratively as part of a small, high energy team
How to Apply
Download the Position Description here.
Applications for this position will only be accepted through Seek.
Click the Seek.com ‘Apply’ button and attach
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Response to the Essential Criteria from the position description
Enquires: Please contact our Program Manager, Jen Parke on 0458 451 618 with any questions.
Applications Close : 9am, Monday 4th October 2021
If you would like to lodge an expression of interest in future employment or volunteer opportunities with Human Nature send us a note